Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 1988, vol.21, pp. 381-384. This document is also available from the Association for Behavior Analysis.
The position paper asserts that all persons with special needs have the following rights:
- The right to a therapeutic environment
- The right to services whose overriding goal is personal welfare
- The right to treatment by a competent behavior analyst.
- The right to programs that teach functional skills
- The right to behavioral assessment and ongoing evaluation
- The right to the most effective treatment procedures available.